This page provides solutions to problems I've encountered with various design programs and other design/publishing matters. Hope it helps my colleagues, peers and students. —Chaz
Font present on system but requires a layout change (Photoshop)I had several layers of text and some showed the ! with "Font present on system but requires a layout change." I just tinkered around and discovered when I do any one of the following the message went away: For all type layers at once:
- On the top menu, go to Type > Update All Text Layers
- Click on the layer that shows the alert, and then you can do one of several things, all stuff that you'd do when working on text:
- Click on a layer that shows the alert, then with the Text Tool selected (T) just click anywhere on the live type for that layer. That's all, just the one click, then the alert should go away.
- Click on a layer that shows the alert, then click on the Color swatch rectangle in the Character palette, then when the "Color Picker (Text Only)" window pops up simply just click Okay. The pop up will close and the alert should disappear.
- Also note, upon opening the Photoshop file, you might see "Some text layers might need to be updated before they can be used for vector based output. You you want to update these layers now?" Then you have two choices: "No" or "Update" If you select "Update" that should do the trick and you won't even see the alert on any of the layers.